Sunday, June 23, 2013

Drawing Again

   
    It can be a strange thing to draw again when I don't for a few months.  I feel a bit apprehensive, like maybe I won't be able to do it anymore.  When life is busy sometimes I almost forget that I have ever drawn at all, and I see one of my drawings, and I'm a little surprised and wonder, "Did I really draw that?"   But somehow, the ability is there tucked into some remote pocket of my consciousness, and I remember.
   
   I remember how to look for the shadows and the light.  I remember not to be afraid of the dark because it makes the light parts really outstanding.  I remember that sometimes the smallest shadow or highlight creates amazing dimension on a flat piece of paper.  I remember that every face is beautiful.  I remember that everyone has something amazing about them, even you and even me.


No comments:

Post a Comment